Apply PAN Card Online through NSDL or UTIITSL portal. Required documents for PAN Card and download PAN Card online and PAN Card Application Form.
The PAN, or Permanent Account Number, is a vital document that is needed for several activities. As a result of this, the card issued by the Income Tax Department that carries a unique 10-digit alphanumeric number is required.
There are two ways to apply for PAN Card: online or offline. You may apply for PAN Card through the Protean eGovt Technologies Limited (NSDL) and UTIITSL websites.
PAN is a computer-based identifying system that issues a unique identification number to each tax-paying Indian firm.
All of a person’s tax-related data is stored against a single PAN number, which is used as the primary key to store data. A person’s PAN cannot be shared with anybody else in the country since the stored information is accessible to everyone in the country.
Indian citizens, as well as foreign nationals (i.e. investors) with a valid visa, may get a PAN Card. A PAN Card is not enough to prove one’s Indian citizenship, and one should be aware of this.
Annual income tax returns must include a PAN Card number. Those who normally pay tax are eligible to get the card. Additionally, it is provided to corporations, partnership enterprises and Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), children, students as well as other groups.
An individual’s Permanent Account Number (PAN), name, date of birth, father’s name, photograph, and digital signature are all included on a PAN Card.
PAN Card is a permanent record that is unaffected by a shift of residence. Learn how to get a Pan Card in two days.
Documents Required to Apply for PAN Card
As part of the process of applying for a Personal Identification Number (PAN) card, some papers are required to be presented (in the case of online application). Depending on the applicant, a different set of papers is needed.
Proof of Address Required to Apply PAN Card
- Bank account statement
- Postpaid mobile phone bill
- Electricity bill
- Phone or broadband connection bill
- Credit Card statement
- LPG or piped gas connection bill
- Gas connection bill
- Post office account passbook
- Deposit account statement
- Driving License
- Voter’s ID card
- Aadhaar Card
- Property registration document
- Domicile certificate issued by the Indian Government
- Original certificate from the employer (if the employer is a reputed private or private corporation)
Date of Birth Proof for Applying for PAN Card Online
- Matriculation Certificate
- Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any authorized authority
- Marriage Certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages
- Driving License
- Domicile Certificate issued by the Indian government
- Pension Payment Order
- Affidavit sworn before the magistrate stating the applicant’s date of birth
Proof of Identity Required to Apply for PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Election Voter ID
- Any photo ID card, issued by State or Central Government or a Public Sector
- Arm’s License
How to Apply Pan Card – Step-wise Application Process
People may now apply for a new PAN Card online and offline, making it simpler for them to get a PAN card. Even if you’ve misplaced your PAN card, you may receive an e-PAN from NSDL or UTIITSL or request a reprint online. To help you understand how to apply for a PAN card online and offline, we’ll go through the process.
How to Apply for PAN Card Online through NSDL website?
In order to get a new PAN card, you must submit either Form 49A or 49AA, depending on your nationality. Keep in mind that this is intended for those who have never applied for a PAN card before and have no existing PAN card at all. In order to get started, here are the instructions:
- Open the NSDL website’s Online PAN Application section.
- Now Select your application type i.e. Form 49A (Indian Citizens) or 49AA (Foreign Citizens) or Changes or Correction in PAN/Reprint of PAN Card.
- In the next step, select your category.
- Now in the “applicant information” section feel your details i.e. name, email id, mobile number etc.
- Then submit the form after filling the captcha.
- Now you will receive an acknowledgement with a token number. Click on ‘Continue with PAN Application Form’ option and fill the required details here.
- In the next step choose how you want to submit the documents.
- Then select the documents you are going to submit for address, identity and date of birth proof.
- Then click on proceed and the payment page will open.
- Now select the mode of payment and pay the application fee.
- Print the acknowledgement receipt now.
- Attach two recent photographs along with the acknowledgement receipt.
- After payment is confirmed, send the supporting documents via post or courier to Protean eGov Technologies Limited.
Your application will be processed by Protean eGov Technologies Limited as soon as your papers are received. The evidence of your workplace address must be sent together with your proof of residence if you’ve indicated that this is where you like to be contacted.
How to Apply PAN Card Online through the UTIITSL website?
Here is how you can apply for a new PAN card online through the UTIITSL website:
- First, open the UTIITSL website i.e. https://www.pan.utiitsl.com
- Now under PAN Services select ‘PAN Card for Indian Citizen/NRI’
- Click on ‘Apply for New PAN Card (Form 49A)’
- Choose either the ‘Physical Mode’ whereby you will have to submit the printed-signed application form at the nearest UTIITSL office or the ‘Digital Mode’ whereby the application form is signed using Dsc mode or using Aadhaar based eSignature and you need not submit the physical copy for the form.
- In the next step. fill in your personal and other mandatory details.
- Now click on submit after verifying all details.
- Then pay the application fee and take a printout of the same.
- Attach 2 passport size photographs to the printed form and put your signature on the space provided
- Attach a copy of your identity, address and date of birth proof documents along with your completely filled application form and submit online or send the same to the nearest UTIITSL office for processing and issuance of your PAN Card.
Apply PAN Card Offline
To apply the offline application for PAN Card you need to download the PAN Card Application Form first and send it to the given address. You can follow the instructions given below for the same.
- Open the official website of NSDL i.e https://www.tin-nsdl.com/
- Now under ‘Downloads’, click on ‘PAN’.
- On the next page, you will have to click on ‘Form 49A’. If you are a non-resident individual (NRI) or a foreign national, click on ‘Form 49AA’.
- Now download this form and fill your details in the application form.
- Attach photocopies of all supporting documents along with a passport-size photograph.
- You should pay a fee of Rs.110 which can be paid via cash or demand draft.
- Now on the envelope, you should write ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN -N-15 DIGIT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NUMBER’. Example, ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN — N-881010200000063’).
- Send the envelope to the following address:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit, Protean eGov Technologies Limited e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016
Application Fees to Apply PAN Card Online
Additionally, you may make corrections, updates, or request a reprint of your PAN Card online. To get a PAN Card, visit the website of UTITSL or Protean eGov Technologies Limited and fill out an online application (formerly NSDL).
The application fee for a PAN card is Rs.93 if the communication address is in India (exclusive of GST). The application fee for a PAN card is Rs.864 if it is for a foreign communication address (exclusive of GST). Upon making the payment, you must next provide the required documentation. The PAN application will only be processed if all of the necessary paperwork is in order.
PAN Card Status or Track PAN Card
Online tracking of PAN Card applications is available to those who need it. The status of a PAN Card application may be verified on the NSDL or UTI websites. The status of a PAN application may be checked on any of the websites.
To check the status of a PAN Card, a person may enter their name and date of birth. The PAN Card status will indicate whether or not the card has been issued or is in route.
How to Download PAN Card Online?
The NSDL website provides access to the e-PAN Card (e-PAN Card) and the ability to print a new PAN card. To get a PAN card, you’ll need to have your PAN number and date of birth handy, or your PAN acknowledgement number.
Download PAN Card using Acknowledgement number
- Visit the NSDL website
- Now enter your acknowledgement number.
- Now enter the OTP and click on the ‘Validate’ option.
- Now click on the ‘Download PDF’ option to download the e-PAN card instantly.
Download PAN Card using PAN and Date of Birth
- Visit the web portal of NSDL
- Enter all the relevant details i.e. date of birth, PAN.
- Now click on the submit button.
- Proceed further and download the e-PAN.
Faq for PAN Card
Who must Apply for PAN card?
Who Issues PAN Card?
Why is PAN Number important?
How will the PAN card be delivered to me?
Can a minor apply for a PAN Card?